A course you’ll actually finish! This SQL course taught by a Product Manager and Marketing Data Scientist
What you’ll learn
- Analyze user behavior
Find actionable customer/business insights
Make data-driven decisions
- Measure and track marketing efforts
- Discover sexy marketing stats (e.g. 1 in 4 people love toast!)
- No previous technical knowledge required
Buff up your resume/CV and become interview-ready by learning real-world SQL in this course.
This SQL course has been taken by fine marketing folks at Google, Facebook, Amazon, Lyft, and Udemy.
Bill was looking to move into a more analytical role and saw SQL as a requirement in the job listings he saw. He wanted to add “SQL” as a skill to his resume/CV with a clean conscience and back it up if any questions arose in the interview. But getting there would take forever. Better to just “fake it til’ you make it”… right?
Joe was working in a marketing position at a small company. He had a bunch of creative ideas but sometimes felt like he was shooting in the dark and guessing at what customers were doing. If only he had some insights about user behavior so he could be a more data-driven marketer. But data analysis is only for technical folks… right?
David and Pete joined Udemy with little to no technical experience. But after a lot of trial and error, headaches, and help from their friends, they got good enough to uncover unique insights for themselves, their team, and their company using SQL. They were able to discover interesting things about user behavior, create dashboards to track and measure progress on team goals, pull data for the exec team to use in investor pitch decks, and get data driven about decisions they made. They’ve since helped many team members buff up their data analysis skills and helped students land jobs!
What You’ll Learn:
If you have no technical background, don’t be afraid! We’ve distilled our knowledge and experience using SQL into a short course so that by the end, you’ll have the raw skills to do some real data analysis for your company using SQL – a language virtually EVERY company uses. Note: this courses teaches you real-world SQL – not just the theory in abstract, but real skills you can use to get more data-driven in your current job.
How This Course is Structured:
- In this course we’ll be pretending we’re a real business (i.e. Blockbuster) so the stuff you learn will be easy to apply to your own situation/company. No abstract/theoretical mumbo jumbo.
- We’ll go through queries a real business would run while also teaching you the raw skills undergirding those queries so you can adapt those skills to create custom queries for your own specific purposes
- To reinforce learning, we have exercises and quizzes scattered throughout the course so you can learn by doing
- We’ll have a bonus section where new lectures will be added occasionally (including student-requested lectures, more advanced topics, strategies for getting unstuck, etc.)
- We’ll be actively involved in the discussion board answering any questions you might have! Don’t be afraid to ask!
A Note About Pedagogy:
We know what it’s like to buy a book, feel good about yourself, never finish it and have nothing to show for it. We don’t want that to happen with this course. We want this to be a course you’ll actually finish. We believe half of learning is motivation and engagement, so we’ve tried extra hard to make this course fun, relevant, entertaining, and punchy – no frills, no dragging things out, just the good stuff. Heck, you might even find yourself skipping a party to spend time with your new best friends (i.e. us)!
- Do I need to purchase any software to take this course? Nope! Everything we use to do data analysis with MySQL is completely free. We’ll walk you through the installation and set-up of any software we’ll be using.
- Can I take this course with Linux? The set-up and installation lectures we’ve created are for Windows and Mac, and we don’t currently have specific installation lectures for Linux.
- Startup folks
- Non-technical folks
- Aspiring Data Analysts
- Recent College Grads
Created by A Course You’ll Actually Finish, David Kim, Peter Sefton
Last updated 12/2018
Size: 538.18 MB